Author Topic: Old Mohawk Tool Works Arrowsharp Axes And Knives Bronze Plaque / Sign  (Read 5323 times)

leadnbrass

• View Profile
I've wanted this item from a person I known for quite a while. He bought it for a heck of a price years ago and was pretty much his favorite item.

A few weeks ago he said that he wanted to dump it and gave me first shot...still out of my comfort zone so I passed.

I usually see if I can find a selling price on an item and make sure I can regain my outlay if needed.

I found a few of them online but wasn't able to find any solid selling prices over the past 5-7 years.

Well today I got it for an "offer I can't refuse"

Anyone have any input or info on it?  Any ideas on its value?

Its about 16 1/2" L X 10 1/4" W and very heavy (didn't weigh it though) guessing 15-20 lbs.

Thanks-
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:07:41 pm by leadnbrass »

Rauville

• View Profile
I just looked up the "prices realized" for the auction held last October and this example sold for $748 with buyers premium.
http://www.vcaauction.com/show_images.php?item_id=1498&auction_id=53

leadnbrass

• View Profile
Hmm...I could live with that.

mart

• View Profile
Great find !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
BEAUTIFUL PIECE! 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Ipcress

I'd be wary about that price.

Most others fetching between $100-$200.

leadnbrass

• View Profile
I'd be wary about that price.

Most others fetching between $100-$200.

Where are you finding the prices? That's the issue I'm having...I find an old auction site with an estimate but no end.

leadnbrass

• View Profile

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
AND depending on the where you sell...and the timing.  Many times live auctions can fetch more...especially when there is competition!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

leadnbrass

• View Profile
Thanks for the info thus far everyone...half tempted to give it a run online at a good start price and see what happens.