Author Topic: Treasure aglore  (Read 4310 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Treasure aglore
« on: November 27, 2011, 09:09:27 pm »
     Thought I would share my Teasure of the day at my new job.  I hope it is o.k. for you folks letting me advertise some of Goodwill treasures.  anyway, got to post a wonderful item today, or so I think, give me some opinions of what you think.  This is a 900 silver box, not quite the 925 purity, it has a hallmark, don't know what it is yet.  I want to say this is pre victorian, but that just may be me.  Sorry getting ahead of my self (just so excited)   ;D  I think it is a Jewerly box, maybe a Trinket has a double eagle crest, almost russian like, but hard to tell, I know this double eagle debate has come up before.  Anyway first day the bids have taken it to $102.00,  :D   Gosh this goodwill job feels good.  Anyway any opinions

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8982631

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Treasure aglore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:00:20 pm »
Neat item! It has almost a masculine look to it. That's a great start for the online bidding, the Goodwill online items usually seem to go below Ebay from what I have seen, so this is off to a great start!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 01:33:48 pm »
I am so glad you are enjoying the new job!!!
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 05:38:46 pm »
I wonder what it will end up selling for. Hope your store gets a bunch of $! Feel free to share some of the cool stuff you come by. I'd love to see it.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 07:59:45 pm »
   thanks for sure is a cool job, as for the ending price between Ebay and Goodwill can vary, as a general rule Ebay has a younger more frugal crowd, We post lot of electronics and things more geared for younger crowds, and if there is lots of something on Ebay we will post it on goodwill. Goodwill is good for Glass, ceramics and collectibles they seem to sell better there, we have lots of decaticated shoppers, many local so they can pick up the item and not pay shipping.  Of course big items and things like ivory, bone, nazi items that ebay doesn't allow we post on Goodwill.  I think my featured item today was a WW1 Doughboy helment, I pretty much wore it all day for the fun of it. 

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8989123

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 09:40:44 am »
Gosh Ironlord !!  Your job sounds like fun !!  What is it they say about doing something you love ?? You will never "work" a day in your life !!  You got it made !!!

BungalowMo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 03:53:59 pm »
I love shops like Goodwill!  I have the Salvation Army store 5 houses away from me & the Goodwill about 2 miles away.  I've found all kinds of goodies there...plus they both help worthy causes!   ;D
I can fully appreciate the meaning behind the phrase "They just don't make 'em like they used to".

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:12:19 pm »
   Just wanted to let you all know that the 900 silver box I Posted at the begininng of this thread ended up selling for $734.99, boy was this exciting to see at the end. 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 07:11:42 am »
Wow !!  Thats fantastic !!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 09:27:30 am »
Nice work IL!!!
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 02:16:21 pm »
That must have been exciting!