Author Topic: antique tin/brass toys and telegraph pole insulators  (Read 5599 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: antique tin/brass toys and telegraph pole insulators
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 02:14:53 pm »
  Just remember that the ones worth good money have something unusual/not the norm about them !! Odd colors and shape, inclusions in the glass, mfrs that can be associated with railroad lines  (always a hot collectable), ect !! You will find hundreds in clear, blue and green shades and brown and amber that are pretty ordinary !! 

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 02:50:26 pm »
There are so many resources out there on this....just google and go.  BUT....Come up for air/food every now and then!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jondar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 01:00:10 pm »
We live about 700 yards from railroad tracks and when we moved out here we explored the 160 acres of very primitive land next to us, with the owners permission.  Along the tracks we found many many of these insulators and brought many back and stored.  There were Hemingray, Brookfield, Star and many other brands with two Whitehall Tatum deep purple ones.  We soon found out they wouldn't make us rich.  Now in the spring when it becomes warm I pick out 50, put them on a plank in my outbuilding and run an ad under "Free" offering the lot of 50 to the first one out. No picking and choosing, you have to take the whole lot.  We've done this three times and only two or three people have called us each time to see where to come out. Better than sending them to the landfill.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 10:31:04 pm »
Some that are rare are ones with coins pressed into them, or the imprint of coins in them!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!