Author Topic: tiger eye maple dresser and box  (Read 1968 times)

zoltan

• View Profile
tiger eye maple dresser and box
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:57:11 pm »
i have always refered to this style of maple as tigers stripe,so correct me if i'm not right on that.
  the dresser is made of solid wood, no veneer at all. the drawer fronts themselves are over 7/8" thick, and have a very rich, lustrous, translucent look to the finish. the drawers pull very smooth, and have widely spaced dovetails. i do not have the keys for the drawers unfortunately.
  the box is also the same tiger stripe maple, only it is veneer, but still very striking and matches pretty well with the dresser. it looks like there might have been a lining of some sort inside the box because there are glue/attachment stains inside. i'm also missing the key for the box. there is some writing on the inside of the lid in pencil, but i can't decipher what it says.
  just wondering if anyone has seen similar pieces, and how old they are, where they are from, and knows what the relative worth is?

i will post additional pix.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: tiger eye maple dresser and box
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 12:41:30 am »
Strangest pic of a dresser I have ever seen!  :)  In my day that was called a motorcycle!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sugarcube

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 08:47:51 am »
Good "Eye" KC

this made me laugh this morning--but I hope he does send a different picture

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 09:57:01 am »
LOL !!  I knew things have changed over the years but not that much !!!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 05:48:48 am »
Ok no new photo so am gonna run with this one    KTM   Austrian made they started out as a metal working shop and were named Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen they started making bicycles in 1934 and began motorcycles in 1954. This is a 450 4 stroke KTMxc off-road what we (in our home) would affectionately call a dirt bike. new $8,500.00  :) My boys preferred to race YAMAHA  Spent many a year every weekend at many local moto-cross tracks cheering the hubby and oldest son on as they raced moto-cross!! 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:59:07 am by wendy177 »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 06:32:04 am »
LOL !!  Once again Wendy,, your a winner on this one !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 08:08:05 pm »
You go Wendy!!!!    Vrrroommm  Vrroommmm!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!