Author Topic: OLD VETERINARY DOCTOR'S BAG ??  (Read 1378 times)

johnw48

• View Profile
OLD VETERINARY DOCTOR'S BAG ??
« on: January 01, 2012, 12:51:25 pm »
I have what I was told is an old Veterinary Doctor's bag, but I'm not sure and I would like some expert opinions on the identity, era, and value of the bag.  It is black leather measuring approx. 6" wide x 16" long x 12" high. It has a side compartment with 3 slide out trays that seem to be made of SS with hinged lids. The top flap of the bag has embossed printing that reads "ROCKAWAY  ESMT" and underneath that is the number "2".  Any help with the identity would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 01:59:18 pm by johnw48 »

mart

• View Profile
Re: OLD VETERINARY DOCTOR'S BAG ??
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 02:32:42 pm »
I have never seen a vet bag like that !! Not large enough compartments in the tray !! Would be difficult to use for any vet !!  I have six horses and have had cattle as well !! If my vet came here with anything like that he would have to make a trip back to the office for a refill to take care of any large animal !!  What does the inside look like ??

johnw48

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 02:53:32 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I thought maybe those trays would be used for pills or other medications. The inside is just open with no compartments. Goes about 3/4 of the way down the bag and stops at the top of the bottom compartment section.

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 03:19:17 pm »
The bag may have been used in the horse industry, but maybe not by a DVM. I believe "ESMT" might mean: Equine Sports Massage Therapy".

johnw48

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 03:43:26 pm »
So that would be a horse "Therapist" as opposed to a doctor?  Is that practice mostly used at tracks for race horses? I believe there is a horse track in N.Y. called "rockaway"... You may be on to something. Thanks

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 11:45:19 am »
Could be !!!