Author Topic: W.F. Norman Funeral Parking Sign  (Read 1882 times)

gravept

• View Profile
W.F. Norman Funeral Parking Sign
« on: February 10, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »
Hello!  Posting from the Kansas City area.  In the process of looking for items to go with my hearse for shows, I came across what I believe are W.F. Norman Corp. "Funeral No Parking" stand signs.  I currently have a request in with the company in Nevada, MO to identify them.  Businesses tend to be a little slow on responses to requests for anything other than sales though, so I'm looking at other avenues.  Is anyone aware of any dealers that may deal specifically, or marginally in funerary items I could contact?
In the mean time, I'll post a link to the photo, which also includes some smaller signs that I might be interested in information on as well:

Thanks ahead!
Brian in Independence

mart

• View Profile
Re: W.F. Norman Funeral Parking Sign
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 11:28:23 am »
Those look quite new !! I am guessing they are 50`s era or possibly a little later !!  I am sure if you google "funerary  collectable/antique dealers" you will find several !!  Just from the wording on the signs I think value would be minimal !! You might find a buyer in currently operating funeral homes !! I am sure they could use them on some occassions  !!

gravept

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 01:44:01 pm »
Those look quite new !! I am guessing they are 50`s era or possibly a little later !!  I am sure if you google "funerary  collectable/antique dealers" you will find several !!  Just from the wording on the signs I think value would be minimal !! You might find a buyer in currently operating funeral homes !! I am sure they could use them on some occassions  !!
Thanks mart. They are from the 40's.  And while google searches are fantastic, I was hoping to seperate the wheat from the chaff with a recommendation, rather than random searching.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 02:13:37 pm »
I can understand that !! But I do not remember anyone except you that has asked about similar items !!  Hopefully some of the other members will be able to help you !!
When I saw your post I immediately thought about something that happened when my daughter was in school !! A few of the senior class boys swiped a sighn from Piggly Wiggly and put it in front of our local funeral home !!  The funeral director was not laughing when he came to work the next morning and had a huge sign at the edge of his parking lot that said " We Give S&H Green Stamps" !!!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 09:42:23 am »
I am laughing. That is too funny.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 10:17:06 am »
I have wondered how much extra business he got because of that sign !!