Author Topic: Vintage Signed Stained Glass Trinket Box  (Read 1518 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
Vintage Signed Stained Glass Trinket Box
« on: February 15, 2012, 09:08:50 pm »
I recently purchased this Vintage Signed Stained Glass Trinket Box from the thrift store and am trying to find out some additional information about it. It's made of stained glass of various types with brass or bronze framing and lead. It's about 3 Inches Wide by 3 Inches in Depth and about 1 1/2 Inches Tall.

What I would like to know is approximately what time period it may have been made, who may have made it and perhaps a value. The back of the trinket box is etched with a signature that I can't make out and was hoping someone would know what the name of the signature might be.

Thanks!
Kevin

" width="708" height="1557" border="0

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Vintage Signed Stained Glass Trinket Box
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 08:31:02 pm »
I would guess 1970s stained glass class. They were very popular back then.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:25:35 pm »
Popular up to the very early 1980's.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 10:59:23 am »
Thanks frogpatch and KC. I was thinking 1970's also but the heavy patina including that of the brass or bronze hing area had me thinking that it may be earlier than that (could have been accelerated from creating the piece). Also, the curved hing pin used (not a straight pin hing (I know they used both in the 70's and now)) and the detail (the box is well made and solid - not a rushed job). Additionally that tiny etched signature carefully placed as not to take away from the piece also got me thinking about the attention given for detail at a much earlier time (not a production piece). But, I think too much sometimes anyways or is it just wishful thinking... :)