Author Topic: How to find a reputable estate liquidator  (Read 1199 times)

debodun

• View Profile
How to find a reputable estate liquidator
« on: February 19, 2012, 04:47:46 pm »
What would be the best procedure for finding a reliable estate liquidator? I looked in the phone book, but none were listed (at least under Estate Liquidators). I tried the BBB website and the nearest one listed there is in Groton, CT, 180 miles away.

ANTIQUERAIDERS

• View Profile
Re: How to find a reputable estate liquidator
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 04:50:10 pm »
Hi

I am an estate liquidator and we can speak. Not sure what you mean by reputable, but I have been doing this for a long time and know many dealers that are in this business. There are a few places that I know by you that would be willing to clean out and take only 15-30% off sales.

debodun

• View Profile
Re: How to find a reputable estate liquidator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 06:53:54 am »
My aunt gave me a business card of an estate liquidator that one of her relatives dealt with. I called and was asked what I had to sell. When I told her, she said that she didn't do "partial" estates (i.e. selected items). With her it was all or nothing.

Then I had an experience with a person that posted a message on a church bulletin board - "I BUY ANYTHING! FULL OR PARTIAL ESTATES! CLEANOUTS!" I tore off the phone number from the perforated strip at the bottom of the message and called him. He pointed to one of the cabinets with the Depression and Carnival glass and asked if those items were included. When I said they were not he sTarted yelling that I was trying to palm off a bunch of junk on him, then snapped, "When you decide to sell that stuff, call me!" He frightened me with his violent reaction. So much for "I BUY ANYTHING!" Probably just a cherry picker.

At this point in time, I still want to hold onto most of what I think are the "better" items. When I get all the stuff I really want to sell out of the way, then I can decide where I want to go from there. I appreciate your interest. Thanks for your advice on my other posted message.