Author Topic: Just curious on the rough value of this? And any info about it :)  (Read 1474 times)

dawngalloper

• View Profile
It's my grandmas, she is 87 and she said it was a wedding present for her parents.  I might not use the proper words to describe the dishes and such lol .. There's 4 teacups, but 6 saucers, so I assume 2 teacups have been broken.  There is 6 small dinner plates, 6 larger dinner plates, 1 large serving plate, 1 casserole dish (the lid has small cracks in it, I have uploaded photos, the actual dish doesn't though) 6 bowls and a gravy jug thing. One teacup has a small chip in it.  I'll add photos of everything below.  I would love any info on this :)

The stamp on the bottom:

The whole set:

One of the plates:

Close up of plate:

The casserole dish:

Close up of caserole dish lid cracks:

Close up of casserole dish:

Small chip in teacup:

TIA... :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:29:57 am by dawngalloper »

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Just curious on the rough value of this? And any info about it :)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:01:06 am »
Your set was made by J & G Meakin   Hanley, Staffordshire England  this mark was used from 1912 on   They were known for earthenware, ironstone.  Factory began producing wares in 1851. Successors  - member of the Wedgwood group. I did not find your pattern but  value would depend on people wanting your pattern. Unfortunately Meakin does not bring huge money like say Spode , Shelley or  Clarice Cliff bizzare . Check ebay but look at completed listings for final selling prices  as anyone can put any price on a piece but it does not mean it will sell.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 02:49:44 pm »
Nice set.  The sentimental value is generally much more than realized monetary value.

Love how Wendy worded that in her last sentence...
Check ebay but look at completed listings for final selling prices  as anyone can put any price on a piece but it does not mean it will sell.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 03:04:25 pm »
And very true !!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 05:46:19 pm »
 ;)

dawngalloper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 04:24:36 am »
Thanks :) I would never sell it, I just wanted to know how much it was worth :) .. We still use them for christmas dinner, but I'm so scared to eat off them .. lol ..