Author Topic: glass pattern identification  (Read 4445 times)

pantrwrstl

• View Profile
glass pattern identification
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:05:51 pm »
Couple new pieces I acquired and would like some help iding them if anyone could be of some assistance... first two are a little less exciting, second two I have more hope for...

Large Punch Bowl with 18 Glasses:

Set of 5 blue glasses, not sure if these are older or not, they seem like they are fairly new though...

Glass/crystal? decanter... possibly american brilliant cut?  Tags around each decanter say B&B and Rum, respectively, both say Oakley China, Fine Bone China, Made in England on the back, I assume they were added later...

bottom

Taller skinnier decanter:

Bottom says: Federal Law Forbids Sale or Re-Use of this Bottle; 4301; 2, "large T symbol" with two other marks next to it, 62; D-126 X6

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: glass pattern identification
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 11:06:46 pm »
   What you have is some very popular patterns and glass.  Your first on appears to be pressed Glass, and the pattern is refered to as Pineapple, many companies made this pattern and still being made today.  Your Blue glass appears to be Libbey I think, I know I have seen this pattern many times, is made of thin cheap stock glass, so my guess on this one would be Libbey.  Your next pattern on the decanter is called a Buzzsaw, note this is a pressed and then cut pattern.  This is a sign of a modern piece of glass or crystal.  The companies press the pattern on the surface and then cut a few line in it and then call it cut.  Actually you can see the line between the Buzzsaws was added after along with the star in the center.  Your last bottle is a common but cool looking Liquor bottle, usually called a burbon bottle.  Not sure of the mark, at first it look like Anchor Hockings mark but unsure after looking twice.  Anyway many companies made these bottles for the liquor industries, this is usually a bread and butter account for a glass company.  Hope this helps thanks for posting.

pantrwrstl

• View Profile
Re: glass pattern identification
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:35 pm »
thanks for the response, I figured out what the T marking is on the bottom of the last 'bourbon bottle' is...

T, resembling an anchor, with smaller, angular M and C nestled underneath to the left and right (shown).........Thatcher Manufacturing Company/Thatcher Glass Mnfg. Corporation (c.1904-1985). First plant at Elmira, NY, but later many others were added including locations at: Kane, Pa; Streator, IL; Wharton, NJ; Mt. Vernon, OH; Lockport, NY; Clarksburg, WV; Olean, NY; Winchester, IN; Cedar Grove, WV; Parkersburg, WV; Lawrenceburg, IN; Muscatine, IA; Saugus, CA and Tampa FL. Mark is often indistinct and the 2 smaller letters may be illegible. This mark was first used about 1949 and is a variation on their earlier mark which was also MTC, but in a more legible format (see MTC mark).

Also the 62 signifies it was made in 1962...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:07:38 pm by pantrwrstl »