Author Topic: Wallace Nutting prints  (Read 1569 times)

debodun

• View Profile
Wallace Nutting prints
« on: March 08, 2012, 06:21:52 am »
Two framed prints from parent's estate signed "Wallace Nutting". After doing exhaustive research, I've identified one as "A Cluster of Zinnias" and the other is "A Dahlia Jar". They are both in matching wooden frames with the external dimensions of 8.5" long and 7.25" wide. I'd appreciate a rough estimate of their value.
P.S. "A Dahlia Jar" has some smudges, but I can't tell if they are on the matting on on the underside of the glass and I don't want to take the picture apart to see. I've taken pictures apart before and they never seem to go back in the frame as well after they are disturbed.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Wallace Nutting prints
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 12:43:48 pm »
Wallace Nutting prints were popular all during the 1900`s and some are still highly valued !! Most of the prints that are moving now are the interior scenes !! His work was mostly done from photos that he took and were then colored !! He had a good size staff that also did the work !! I checked on ebay to see if any were selling and found that not many had bids and the ones that did were signed prints and original works !! Prices range from $8.99 up !! Value on yours in my opinion would be in the $10. $20. range if unsigned !! Signed,, maybe a bit more !!

debodun

• View Profile
Re: Wallace Nutting prints
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 01:16:32 pm »
Yes, they are signed. That's how I knew they were Nutting's! Thanks for the info on Nutting.