Author Topic: Weller Jardiniere  (Read 4461 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Weller Jardiniere
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 07:47:13 pm »
Wow, you have got some neat pieces there! Ironlord could probably tell you more about them, he's good with the glassware. I only collect cobalt blue, so I can only help a little with those. The Moderntone sugar bowl sells for about $12-$20 ish. The Shirley Temple pieces I see all the time in antique stores, it doesn't seem to move very well. Your Shirley T. pitcher is small right, about 4"? if so, I think they run about $12 ish. The little cobalt cup with the metal lid is an egg coddler, I can't find one like yours for comparison though.

The blue and white oriental plates are "Blue Willow" pattern and the old ones can be quite desireable. Same with the "flow blue" which are the blue and white pieces that are kind of blurry. These are old and you have to just deal with them on a case-by-case basis. There are lots of turkey plates out there, to sort through until the pattern can be identified, is there a marking on the back?

Your lovely depression glass bowl is selling on Ebay for $37 with Buy it Now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAZEL-ATLAS-ROYAL-LACE-COBALT-BLUE-ROUND-SERVING-BOWL-/290641864261

I hope that helps a little!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

debodun

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 11:23:58 am »
I think the blue piece you said was an egg coddler is actually a mustard server. It has an aluminum lid with a little hole in it for a spoon. It's the Petalware pattern and lists in Gene Florence's 11th edition Depression glass book for $8. I know the Shirly Temple 5" pitcher's are being reproduced which probably scares off anyone that is in the "know". I can only say that the one I have is older because my mom bought before reproductions were being made. I'm fairly confident at identifying Depression glass, especially if it has an etched pattern, it's the EAPG that has me in a tizzy trying to identify. Thanks for your input, though.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:28:38 am by debodun »

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 07:47:13 pm »
Ah, I missed the hole! Sorry about that! It sounds like you have done a lot of research already. Good for you!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

debodun

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 06:08:01 am »
I always try to exhaust other resources (books, dealers, Online antique sites) before I bother people on message boards with my inability to identify something. I'm still in a limbo on how to tell EAPG from cut glass. I tried to find the pattern of the sugar and creamer shown below, thinking it was EAPG, but someone told me it was cut glass. I am mystified.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 06:10:21 am by debodun »