Author Topic: D&O France Cup  (Read 2141 times)

pallison

• View Profile
D&O France Cup
« on: October 04, 2004, 10:25:23 pm »
This cup belonged to my mother's grandmother I believe.  The mark on the bottom is "D & O" with a line and FRANCE under it.
There is also an inscription that seems to be under the glaze but maybe not?   It reads "Pers and Lloyd to B.L.   Dec. 25th, 1912".
Does anyone have any info, history/value etc. on it?  Your help is appreciated...Paula nn

kerrybee

• View Profile
D&O France Cup
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 08:35:54 pm »
without a pic, it's hard to identify, but  look in a library for a Limoges porcelain book.  The style of the mark, initials over a line, over France, is somewhat typical.  There were at least 35 companies in the Limoges area, during the time period of the cup.  I hope you find yours.  If the people mentioned in the signature are your ancestors, what a treasure.  Many porcelain makers sent their wares to decorating studios.  (earlier version of "outsourcing"?)   And in that way, yes, it's possible the insignia could be under the glaze.   KB

Tim

• View Profile
D&O France Cup
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 08:45:11 pm »
Hi all.........there is a porcelain company in Limoges, France similar to your description called R. Delinieres & Co.........the mark was D & Co. with France under the rule from about 1879. I believe the factory is still around.

We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give.

kerrybee

• View Profile
D&O France Cup
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 02:03:04 pm »
Tim you gave a great link -

and could this be the mark - http://www.antiqnet.com/search/images.jsp?id=362958

and more to look at here:

http://search.rubylane.com/search?ss=delin...1&within=within

best wishes,  KB

Tim

• View Profile
D&O France Cup
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 09:44:58 pm »
Hi KB............that's the mark I was referring to............and I would guess it's the mark Paulann has on his/her cup. Appears to have been a Christmas gift............... ..

TEACHER: Ellen, give me a sentence starting with "I."
ELLEN: I is...
TEACHER: No, Ellen.... Always say, "I am."
ELLEN: All right... "I am the ninth letter of the alphabet."