Author Topic: For the Irish here...  (Read 1271 times)

Rauville

• View Profile
For the Irish here...
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:44:20 am »
Wishing all of you a very happy Saint Patrick's Day! :)

My Irish heritage came directly from County Cork in the form of Great Grandmother Morrison.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: For the Irish here...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 08:56:04 am »
Right back atcha! from a descendant of Timothy O'Brien who settled here in Nova Scotia in 1771   ;)

**Sorry, no pic available of Mr. O'B   :D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:01:16 am »
And a happy St. Patricks Day to you and everyone here !! I am a mixture of Irish (fathers side) German (mothers side) and somewhere along the line American Indian was thrown in !!  So I can celebrate everything from St Patricks day to Octoberfest !!  

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 09:14:24 am »
No Irish but still love everything Irish!!!   Tonight is a big night at our house (night before Saint Patrick's Day) Tonight is the night the leprechauns visit !! Hope everyone has their Leprechaun Traps ready! Leave out your Lucky Charms as bait and then wait for the magic.
Nicholas ( my 8 year old) said no traps this year mom lets just let them run crazy in the house!!! Wonder what tricks they will play & what we will find in the morning!!!

Always great fun we find green toilet water , underware hanging from the ceiling fans, a few drops of green food coloring in a glass & left to dry is unseen by little eyes in the morning & turns milk green when poured in the glass!!  I think they may even turn our littlest puppies tail green this year!  Very tricky little guys!!  Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all!!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 09:21:38 am »
I wish someone had thought about that when I was a kid !! Sounds like a blast !!  OK, I am just an overgrown kid !! I still believe in holiday magic !!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 10:27:27 am »
That does sound like fun! My cousin made the leprechaun trap cake that was posted earlier, they did a trial one successfully and are doing a final one for the kid's school party. Happy St Paddy's day to all!
Antiqueaholic in recovery