Author Topic: Dining room cabinet  (Read 814 times)

daveverdo

• View Profile
Dining room cabinet
« on: March 20, 2012, 07:40:36 pm »
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me anything about this cabinet, age, style, value (as is or repaired)?
The wood lattice/scroll is broken and the glass is missing.

Thanks,
David

mart

• View Profile
Re: Dining room cabinet
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 10:03:23 am »
Will do this all in one post since you have the dining set in one and the cabinet in the other !! Can`t see much except basics on cabinet/buffet but it looks like late Victorian probably 1920`s or early 30`s !!  And that scroll work is notorious for breaking !! It is almost identical to my Grandmothers buffet which I still have in storage !! One thing that you can do rather than try to fix the scrollwork is to have the glass replaced with etched glass in a pattern typical for that time !! Some had etched glass originally so it would not be out of place if done this way !!
Your dining set is Jacobean revival and could be a bit earlier than the cabinet,, around 1900 give or take a few years !! Looks like its in nice shape !!
As far as value,, that depends on where you are and of course,,the condition !!  Cabinet as is,, maybe $50. to $75. repaired,,$150. on a good day !!  Dining set,, around $400. to $450. here in my area !!