Author Topic: Royal Vienna Plates?  (Read 2032 times)

Lauren

• View Profile
Royal Vienna Plates?
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:09:50 am »
About 20 years ago I purchased some Royal Vienna (?) decorative plates.   Can anyone help me identify them and suggest a value?   I am showing one, but they are all very similar, just different scenes.  I have updated this to include 2 more of the plates.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:17:25 pm by Lauren »

Lauren

• View Profile
Re: Royal Vienna Plates?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 12:49:38 pm »
Your imput is greatly appreciated.  I did see the ones on ebay, but these seemed to be a different line-- these are cobalt blue instead of the red.  I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the when/where these were made, and who they were made by.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 01:56:54 pm »
From what I have read some of the artists are worth more than others !! The first pic you have is signed N. Midner on front ?? Is that correct ??  It was blurry on enlargement so couldn`t see well !!

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 02:09:01 pm »
Thank you for that very helpful hint.  I had not seen the signatures but you are correct.  Although a little hard for me to see I wrote down a few of the names on the plates.

K.Wildner
M.Pilz
A.Reif
A.Wagner
Fr.Hiebel

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 02:41:09 pm »
Just google "royal Vienna cobalt blue plates" and see what a few of the artists are selling for ??  I remember the Wagner signature and think he was fairly pricey !!  Its just going to take a bit of research !! You might also try looking for Royal Vienna price guides !! I think there are a few !!

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 02:51:08 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  There are just thousands of plates to look at!  I doubt these are the really expensive ones, however I would find it hard to believe they are the really inexpensive ones.  Since all of my plates have the same colorings & borders it seems like there would be some similar plate priced on the internet somewhere but I can't find one.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 03:51:49 pm »
You might try using google imaging rather than the listings !! Take each artist and see what some are selling for !! Remember there were a lot of these done and finding an exact duplicate is not necessary for a value !! Just get in the ballpark with what each artist is selling for.  Also think about this,, there is an asking price and a selling price,,not always do the twain meet !!

Forgot to say that ebay is pretty good to see what is moving and what type get few or no bids !! Just change the "Sort By' menu to "ending soonest" And look at the ending prices !!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:58:14 pm by mart »

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 04:54:44 pm »
Thank you, and you are so correct about "value" and actual "sold" prices.  I had already gone thru thousands of google images and only saw a couple that were close.  I wrote down a couple of auction houses that have sold them in the past.  I appreciate the advice today and look forward to see if there may be more coming.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 06:57:46 pm »
There are a few here that are much better on this type thing that I am !!  Just give it some time and I am sure that they will be happy to help !! We are just not all on at the same time !! Chris Marshall may also have knowledge of these !! He is a porcelain expert but has likely ran across these plates on occassion !!