Author Topic: Is This Perfume Bottle Old?  (Read 1155 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
Is This Perfume Bottle Old?
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:48:50 pm »
This is just a quick question if anyone knows. I purchased this at the thrift store because I thought it was unique (among a lot of the things I get). I've searched high and low for another one like it but as usual I can't find one.

I guess it could be cheap but I really don't know. It's glass, metal and gold tone among other materials. The face is plastic or resin or something else and it's hand painted. There are no Maker Marks.

Does anyone know how old this might be (I'm guessing 70's - was hoping older), who may have made it and perhaps a value?

Thanks!
Kevin

" width="701" height="1661" border="0

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Is This Perfume Bottle Old?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 07:19:12 am »
Yes or they were called atomizers. Very cool!
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 01:40:30 pm »
It just has a "newer" feel to it for me.

These atomizers are sold even today!  The older ones can even get replacements parts due to the popularity of these vanity items!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-satin-glass-Atomizer-art-deco-lady-perfume-bottle-/300692896299?pt=Antiques_Decorative_Arts&hash=item4602b17a2b

Different design but same order !!  Saw a couple of these when I searched !! Some are different poses and different bottles but still with lady on front !!  None were tied to a particular perfume or a maker so one would assume that these were produced independently, sold in department stores, and you could use whatever perfume you wanted !!  I think your date is probably about right 70`s or later !!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:32:57 pm »
Thanks for the information everyone. mart, that link with the image is definitely the lady. I think I'll leave the atomizers to the ladies for now....  :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 06:57:13 pm »
 Oh No !!  If you can get them cheap, I would go ahead and buy them !!  After tax time I am looking for sales to pick up and vanity items usually do pretty well !!