Author Topic: Anyone Ever Heard of Prairie Pasteries and Bitsies Inc?  (Read 1086 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
Anyone Ever Heard of Prairie Pasteries and Bitsies Inc?
« on: April 16, 2012, 08:19:01 pm »
I purchased this from the thrift store today and can only find patent info on it. Its a Prairie Pastries Box that is Hand Made and Painted and *maybe* signed but it could be a town name.

The Box is about 20 Inches Long, 4 Inches in Height the way it is pictured below, and about 3 Inches in Depth. The box has the name "G Soria" on it and the name of the Company and address "Prairie Pastries, 1962 Bitsies, Inc. 15612 SO. Keeler, Olathe, KS 66062".

My question is has anyone ever heard of this Company, were the pastries good, is the name a Town or an Artist, and perhaps a ball park value if any.

Thanks!
Kevin

" width="747" height="1935" border="0

mart

• View Profile
Re: Anyone Ever Heard of Prairie Pasteries and Bitsies Inc?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 10:30:38 am »
Its a pretty common type art used from the 70`s through 90`s !! G. Soria would be the artists name !! You can see a lot of this stuff in back issues of Country Living magazine !!  Likely this business never made it or tried and went out of business shortly after !! Can`t find a record of it !! I would call thge Olathe KS Chamber of Commerce and see if they have info !!  Value on the box,,, about $5.00 to $7.50 on a good day !!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 06:16:27 pm »
Thanks mart! I knew this looked very familiar. I thought G Soria could have been the town name but you've cleared that up. I was just a little surprised I couldn't find out much about them.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 08:06:04 pm »
When that type decorating was popular,, that box probably cost about $45. if you bought it from Country Living Mag. !!   But like other styles it fell about as quickly as it rose !!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:07:53 pm by mart »