Author Topic: Please help identify this - Unitron microscope or telescope set??  (Read 1053 times)

renys

• View Profile
I've tried my best to figure out what this is, but I couldn't find much information.  It is 8 3/4 x 7 3/4 x 4 1/4" wood box with 6 marked (eyepieces ?) that are marked Ke10X, Ke10X Micrometer, 2 of Ke15X (says Bi on the left), and 2 of R5X (says Bi on the left) .  There are 2 more (eyepieces?) with no marking and 2 black pieces that look like caps to something although they don't seem to fit anything else in the box, and there is a large round glass piece that is almost 4" in diameter.  I see that some Unitron items sell for quite a bit on ebay, but I have no idea how much this set is worth because I can't find anything like it.   Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Please help identify this - Unitron microscope or telescope set??
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:23:09 am »
My guess it that you have an “accessory” box of oculars (lenses or eyepieces) for a microscope.

I believe the “2 black pieces that look like caps” are indeed caps (covers) that are used to put on the microscope whenever the ocular is removed for cleaning, or whatever, to prevent dust or dirt from falling into the tube and getting on the lower “objective” (lens aperture).   

The 4” glass disk might be for the “light reflector” mirror, but am not sure about that.

See diagram here: http://helid.digicollection.org/en/d/Jwho02e/8.html