Author Topic: Help Identify age and value  (Read 1252 times)

mizzcarole07

• View Profile
Help Identify age and value
« on: June 18, 2012, 10:15:01 pm »
The only marking we can find is located on the back and it appears to be stamped on.  It reads JDB NO 380

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Help Identify age and value
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 10:58:32 am »
That is an example of "waterfall' Art Deco from the 1920s -30s  It is a vanity and if you look in the back you should see screw holes where a mirror was attached.  In the NYC Area without a mirror you could expect to get around 100.00 for it I don't know what the object on the   
vanity is. It does not look like it belongs

mizzcarole07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:37:52 pm »
That is an example of "waterfall' Art Deco from the 1920s -30s  It is a vanity and if you look in the back you should see screw holes where a mirror was attached.  In the NYC Area without a mirror you could expect to get around 100.00 for it I don't know what the object on the   
vanity is. It does not look like it belongs

Thank you!  The object on it does not belong. It does not have screw holes though.  Someone told me the mirror may have been seperate and hung on the wall.  this is the only piece we have of it though.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 01:04:34 pm »
The mirrors were often round and very large. Sometimes they were arched with stepped wood frames on either side. I have seen the mirrors for sale in thrift stores and such
Here is a bunch of them to look at to get the idea
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gs_mss=art+deco+waterfall+v&tok=VuEDPa77Y-zhM50E9QDR-Q&cp=25&gs_id=2q&xhr=t&q=art+deco+waterfall+vanity&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=709&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=r8zgT7nzPOHb0QGdjIm3Dg