Author Topic: Date/Value of a few items? 2 spoons, a plate and a Chintz china bowl.  (Read 1635 times)

jo_m

• View Profile
Hi all. My grandmother's illness has prompted her to bestow a ton of her antique silverware and china on us relatives; My mother received some and wanted to know the value and history of it. I think these originally belonged to my great-grandmother. I hope my photographs aren't too big...  Sorry for the massive amounts of editing this post but I thought it'd be best to mention that my nan lives in New Zealand, and these pieces are most likely British.

(I will get on to pictures of the actual spoons; my mum has packed them away for the moment.)
So we have spoon #1's hallmark

Spoon #2

Plate

Plate's Stamp

---------

Chintz bowl pattern - We had a feeling this was a Doulton, for some reason.

Bowl's stamp and a marking (by the artist? I'm in unfamiliar territory here.) I've just noticed that the word 'Chintz' has been cut off, but it is there above the lion.

All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:34:27 pm by jo_m »

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
The bowl marking is  Arthur J. Wilkinson, Burslem, Staffordshire, England, Earthenware, Ironstone, Printed various pattern names, ca. 1907 (1885-1964+) I don't know value yet. I'll check.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:47:12 pm by greenacres »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
http://curiouscollectibles.co.uk/page3.htm Scroll down and you'll find your pattern of Old Foley. It's in pounds though.$ 8.99 pounds  $15.-$16. It's toward the bottom.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:56:58 pm by greenacres »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Look on this site. I found a similar mark but it is inclusive in one rectangle not individual touches but the characters appear the same. It may be an earlier mark of the same company. Scroll down when the page opens.
http://www.silvercollection.it/englishsilvermarksXHDUE.html

mart

• View Profile
Think I found the same one Frogpatch did,, Hardman Powell & Co. The S would stand for Sheffield although they were located in Birmingham !!  It said that they were frequently interchanged !!  The EP is for electro plate silver !!  Haven`t found the other yet !!