Author Topic: OK Not ebay but need computer help and we don`t have a thread for that !!  (Read 2351 times)

mart

• View Profile
All of a sudden this HP support assistant has went nuts and pops in every day and is part of the reason my computer is so slow !! It seems to be working all the time or at least trying to download something totally unimportant !! Can I uninstall it !! It seems to do nothing except update something I don`t use anyway !! For a new experience it says !!!  As long as its running can`t do anything I need to do !!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
If you click on your start button and go to "Programs" does the HP Asst. come up in the list of programs? If so you may be able to get in that way and uninstall it.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

fancypants

• View Profile
If you understand the "msconfig" command (in the 'run' 'window') you should be able to disable that/those process/startup item(s) , if all else fails , mart !

It's always my practice to never install a program that does not contain the ability to remove it .....
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

mart

• View Profile
I didn`t install it !!  It came with the computer !!  But I finally just left the computer running till it finished !! The problem was while anything is being installed with dial up,, it slowqs everything you need to do and makes it time out !! Now that its finally finished,, its OK !! But was giving me headaches for days !!  Thanks all !!