Author Topic: Help me identify this  (Read 1046 times)

falanis63

• View Profile
Help me identify this
« on: July 13, 2012, 06:27:37 am »
I bought this poster (I think it is) in a old wooden frame. its 14x20. It looks old, the date reads that it is from 1895. I am unable to find any info on it. I know it St. Anthony of Padua. Celebrating 700 yrs from his birth. It is in Italian. It also has a chant at the bottom.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Help me identify this
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:10:39 am »
Could you give us the dimensions and a photo of the back of the frame? Also have you taken it out of the frame? If not, you should because you never know what might be behind it. To me it looks like exactly what you said it was. The first paragraph has should have the journalistic Who What Where When and other clues. Type that into an Italian to English online translator exactly as written and you might have some additional light shed. Unless, of course, you read Italian. It is a beautiful piece and would look great hanging in the right spot. 

falanis63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 08:34:03 am »
Here are some pics from the back, the size is 14x20 not including the frame. I did open it and did not find anything else. It does has a cardboard behind the pic about some show. Entrance is 25 cents. Will open it again later and post it.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 08:51:30 am »
My Italian is only to pick up a few words but the first paragraph says or something similar,, that its a reproduction of the qualifications ( miracles ) as published in Foglieto Della Dominica, and or how he became a Saint.  Second paragraph I think tells about one of the miracles.
So what you have is a poster announcing a reproduction of his path to sainthood !!  And its admission was 25 cents !!