Author Topic: Previous owner of my home left behind two antiques (French console, Portrait)  (Read 4640 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Okay, upon closer observation of the carved detail of the sides I will go French.  When I first looked at the closeup...it looked like brads were affixing it.  However, enlarging on this computer...it is just part of the design.  That was my hold back!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

eyal 951

• View Profile
Thanks guys. Any idea about value? I may try and sell the night stand and painting.

I also have another piece that was left behind. I'm told it is a recreation that was purchased for 500. Thought I'd post it up just to be sure. Either way, I'm using this one as my bar!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Nightstand - $300-$500

Bombe dresser - Yes, it's a reproduction, maybe worth $200 now.

As we know, the antiques market - and repros as well, in many cases - have taken a big hit in the past few years.

I'd keep the nightstand/smoking stand/commode. Nice piece.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
Makes a nice little bar and fits right into that niche !! Excellent !! Hardware on the repro is the same as was on my French Provincial bedroom set from the 60`s !!