Author Topic: Talesof This is For You.....  (Read 1418 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Talesof This is For You.....
« on: July 31, 2012, 01:07:59 pm »
Thar' she blows......well.... getting blown by the wind in dry dock that is.
Thought you would enjoy seeing a "antique" in dry dock awaiting another face lift for the next movie.  Here in Hawaii, on Oahu, across from our timeshare is The Black Pearl/Queen Anne's Revenge!  She is gorgeous.  The security guy let us go through a hole in the fence.  Love all the skeletons.  She is still marked Queen Anne's Revenge on the backside.

2 years go when we were here they were filming "On Stranger Tides" (Jack Sparrow/Penelope Cruz) and the crew was staying at our place and the place next to us.  The boat was outfitted The Pearl on one side and the Queen on the other so when combined on film...a great sea fight!  Some mornings were accented with cannon fire!  Fun time!

This trip is accented with jets, ships, etc from the RIMPAC/Pacific War Games going on here.  Meeting some amazing soldiers.  Thanks for keeping us safe!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Talesof This is For You.....
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 01:10:17 pm »
Few more
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:23:08 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 01:36:57 pm »
How cool KC I too Love all the skeletons!!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 04:52:42 pm »
Great photos KC!! Thanks for sending these over. I'm not doing much pirating (I got a bit burnt out on that) and have focused a lot more on Victorian costuming, but the movies are still fun!

-Claire
Antiqueaholic in recovery

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:47:05 pm »
Cool pics & stories , KC .

I'm guessin' that you don't have to deal with howlie rot , seein' as how you're a Texas lad ?
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "