Author Topic: Baseball Caricatures  (Read 2070 times)

debodun

• View Profile
Baseball Caricatures
« on: August 02, 2012, 07:01:27 am »
They appeared in the New York Times between June and August 1973 and depict the Yankees and Mets players and managers at that time. There are 22 portraits in all done by artist Bruce Stark. I wanted to sell them and was curious what a "ballpark" value might be (pun not intended). Here are a few samples:

mart

• View Profile
Re: Baseball Caricatures
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:08:34 pm »
You shouldn`t have a problem selling them but they have some condition issues !! Please do not fold them again !! Lay them flat, on a piece of acid free paper and with a piece of acid free paper between each one !! If you have an old pane of glass (very clean) put that on top !!  Every tiny pin prick you get on these reduces the value !!  Where did you get these ??

debodun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 04:49:42 am »
They ran in the Sunday New York Times over the summer of 1973. I remember my dad making sure he got the paper so he could save the portraits. I put them up for sale on Craig's List and in a regional classified ad magazine for $50, but no "nibbles". Maybe the price is too high?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 08:48:35 am »
How big are they 8X10 individually ?? This guys work sells pretty well !! I would put them in frames with acid free backing and spacers to hold them from the glass,,doesn`t have to be expensive frames, even dollar store frames would work as long as they are not the ornate ones, !! You want simple frames not fancy ones !! Then list at a sports site,, there are many online,, look at Beckets site,, they have a forum there that might be good to check and is all sports memorabilia !!

debodun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 05:01:54 am »
The "individual" portraits are 10.5 x 14", but they are printed on a double-facing page, so together they are 21 x 14".

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 05:26:15 am »
I would, as I said before, frame them individually !! They would sell better !! But if you want to sell as is,, look at Becketts site !!  As I said , many forums there for sports memorabilia !!