Author Topic: FERGUSON #4199 ROLL BAR CART ADDTL. PICS OF GLASSWARE  (Read 2304 times)

maugie

• View Profile
FERGUSON #4199 ROLL BAR CART ADDTL. PICS OF GLASSWARE
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:44:35 pm »
HERE ARE SOME PICS OF CONTENTS IN BAR :

The bucket , shaker and platter are silver plated. Can not find and Makers Mark on anything as requested. The glassware is etched.  Bottom drawer is insulated for storing ice.

could someone (ACSTANLEY) pls reply with your opinion. 

mart

• View Profile
Re: FERGUSON #4199 ROLL BAR CART ADDTL. PICS OF GLASSWARE
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 05:42:12 pm »
If there are no markings,, how do you know its plate ?? Are there any marks of any kind ??  While the bar itself is not art deco, the silver pieces are similar to deco barware !!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:44:21 pm by mart »

ACStanley

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 10:14:26 pm »
Im with Mart here, its difficult to tell, but the shaker and bucket looks to have been loved and used quite a bit, leaving them in a bit of a rough condition, id would still date them around the late 20s, early 30s, while the cart its self is looking more like the 40s or 50s I dont know much about cast wheels, but I think that they may help you date the cart, along with any of the screws or nails holding it together...

the glasses are beautiful but I dont know much about glass, Idk, the whole set (cart and innards) look like the all fit perfectly, it makes me wonder it if its all from the late 30s.

Mart? is it possible that companies were contracted to fill the innards of this lovely cart? and perhaps that is why there is no markings?

maugie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 10:48:35 pm »
all it reads on bottom of shaker and bucket is "Silver Plated". But no indication of mfg.  Yes they do look used. yet they are the originals.  Where can I go to find out what I should ask for cart? Can anyone tell me where.  I think it is in very good cond. there are no nails in wheels only screws are on door hinges.  I don't see any in the drawer that is insulated. I have looked this cart over very good and do not see any nails or other screws.  Help I need and want to sell this cart but have no clue as to how to go about doing it! ???

ACStanley

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:15:10 pm »
How do you wish to sell it? Due to its size it will be difficult to sell online, although not impossible, if you do online (available for shipping) I would suggest getting it professionally packed. Depending on your location, if you sell it locally, your price may differ dramatically, generally the bigger the city the better the price, if you do live in a large city you can simply do an eBay auction for local pickup only... depending on what your local antique shop scene is like you may want to consider consigning it, the more they get the more you will get, so you know that they will look out for you... The same goes for auction houses.

As for price? totally up to you... if you go ebay, you can start low and try to spark interest, or start high and try to get what you want and maybe more... If I had the space, and extra money to throw around I personally would pay prob max about $600 for it...

ACStanley

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 11:16:31 pm »
Aslo, I should add that the more of a rush you are in selling it, expect to get less for it.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 07:50:09 am »
These would have been equiped with barware basics, but not glasses so those would have been added later I think !!  I think its mid 20`s or so !! Its a nice pretty complete set from what I can see and if the barware just says silver plate then not a major silver mfr. !! If I were selling this I would ask $750. as these items are becoming more popular and can be used today same as when new !! Should sell somewhere between $600. and $750 so you have wiggle room there !!  Try Craigslist rather than Ebay since it is a pick-up item !! Its free to sell and local to you !!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 08:19:36 am »
Agree mart would be perfect for a New York City  apartment!!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 08:15:19 am »
Or my house !!  I like it but not enough to have it shipped !!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 12:14:44 pm »
I would think 30-somethings into the whole mid-century retro vibe would clamor for this! Cocktails in the evening from a rolling cart! Turn on the hi-fi!!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 02:46:38 pm »
LOL !!  This was martini era !!