Author Topic: Happy Labor Day weekend !!!  (Read 5021 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Labor Day weekend !!!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 07:43:04 pm »
Hope all had a wonderful time...whether sunny days or not!

I got to spend it with all my kids...even with a migraine!  So...that made it a W O N D E R F U L one!!!!!!  I am blessed!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 08:03:29 pm »
The wife went to town and spent the afternoon at the hair painter...so I worked on tearing out an old fence. (I don't know if there actually is torment planned by the devil for a few of us someday...but if there is, surely there will be rusty barbed wire involved somehow. :'()

Ending the day with a Corona, watching the chickens run around completed a rather decent day. 8)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 08:21:23 pm »
Ten hours on my feet unloading pallets and hauling stock, customers who should all have crawled back under their rocks and one of the last of what seemed like hundreds of phone calls of the day........."What time do you close?"  "Well, I can't get there by 6, can't you stay open till 6:30?".......**to myself** Why certainly ma'am! Would you also like us to cook your supper for you while we wait??.....**to customer** "Um, no."

I absolutely cringe when I hear the word 'holiday'. Other than Christmas and New Years, we are on the floor catering to all those fools who think we should be able to supply them with a fresh turkey (which we have NEVER sold, dear customers) on Thanksgiving Day, who can't understand (or accept the fact) that 15 minutes before we close we are likely out of whatever they're looking for or who forget that nothing else is open on any of those other days either, ever! Planning for meals over any holiday is apparently beyond the comprehension of an awful lot of rock dwellers.

End of rant........off to bed to rest up for another day.

Happy Labourers Day to all (regardless of my current mood)  ;-)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 02:02:44 am »
Have you ever considered...a change of jobs...Sapphire,.something a bit less stressful...one where you don,t have to be on your feet all day...lugging pallets....I retired at 58....because...jus t prior to this i was working 12/14 hours a day....always chasing money...got to do this do that..earn more money... buy things that i did,nt really need......Avril and I were like passing ships in the night....my quality of life was in a word...crap!....Then when I turned 58,I sat down and went over everything,looked at the figures...and thought...mmm,i could retire...or maybe semi-retire...get an odd job now an again..just keep myself busy...do more jobs around the house...have a better quality of life....see Avril more....
so I retired...Avril works part-time 19 hours a week....and we are happy....and my blood pressure has remained the same for the past 4 years....Normal....
There,s more to life than knocking your pan in,for 10hours a day..5/6 days a week, getting no thanks from irate customers...who, if they could read your mind...would run screaming from the shop never to return.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 03:18:38 am »
Mornin' to ya wullie!  "something a bit less stressful"...........this is actually it.  I left 20 years of waitressing to come to this. As assistant manager, I get to be a bit further away from the customers (but not the phone)......but also get to be the lucky one unloading. I honestly do like my job, as hard on the body as it can be.  They say holidays bring out the worst in some people. That is definitely true. In trying to make the holidays 'special' so many people go a wee bits nuts and forget how to be civil or even sensible.  I find I have a very low tolerance for ignorance and attitude now. While the extra work is only for a day or two it's how people have changed that is the hardest to deal with.

So 58 is the magic number? Guess I'd better get moving on that, 59 is looming on the near horizon.  ;)

Though the mind and body are still rebelling, my mood is returning to normal........a pop out with the dog and I'm off to start another day.

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 04:03:14 am »
"I find I have a very low tolerance for ignorance and attitude now."

Unfortunately, attitude and ignorance are the wave of the future. If you want a comical, ironic yet oh-so-true vision of where we're headed, see "Idiocracy."
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 04:09:14 am »
Good morning, Sapphire....welcome to another day...here on Planet Earth...
I too, ..do not suffer fools gladly,..Avril and I give 100% to all that we meet...but don,t always get the same in return....but it does,nt stop us...for if it did..then we would be no better than them...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,