Author Topic: hibriten Dining Room table..help!  (Read 3221 times)

kgoolsbee

• View Profile
hibriten Dining Room table..help!
« on: July 03, 2015, 08:08:47 am »
My husband and I recently bought a dining set with the plan to sell the table and chairs because we have no space to store them and it is way too large for our house. When I did some investigating on the maker I found a tag at the bottom of the chairs that says "Made by Flair Inc for Hibriten Furniture Company, Lenoir North Carolina"

We also have a china cabinet and buffet that we aren't looking to sell but they match this table and have a lot of intricate detail on them as well.

Just looking to get a ballpark of its worth. Any help would be appreciated! 

mart

• View Profile
Re: hibriten Dining Room table..help!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 08:12:24 pm »
http://www.bernhardt.com/company/our-history

Here is some history on the company that made your dining set !!  Interesting company !!  They started the Flair line in 1958,,your set was likely made in 1970`s or 80`s !!  The style of the chairs will hurt the value somewhat !!  What pieces are you going to sell,,just the ones shown ??  You might get $200. to $250.!!  Hibriten was the retail store that sold it,,not the maker !!

kgoolsbee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 10:43:03 pm »
from what i have read (and I've done as much research as i could find), Hibriten WAS the maker until 1970 when bernhardt took over. This table doesn't have the name Bernhardt on it so it is pre 1970's. Yes, the style might hurt the value but they are the original chairs that came with the table.

The pieces I am looking to sell are what is shown.

So yes, while your information is (partially) accurate, the table is not a Bernhardt table...it is Hibriten which was a furniture MAKING company until the 1970s

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 02:43:29 pm »
Well,, that could be confusing since the Flair furniture line belonged to Bernhardt !! Not sure both would use the same name !!   And you said the label stated "Made by Flair Inc for Hibriten furniture company !!  So I assume that since the label did not say "Made by Hibriten" that Bernhardt made the set for Hibriten !!  That is not unusual with mfrs. !! 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 06:47:04 pm »
http://www.furniturehalloffame.com/oral_history.aspx?id=30

You might find this interesting !!  About halfway down (this is a long read) you will find Bernhardt`s purchase of Hibriten !!~ I learned something as well,, that Hibriten did make furniture but only bedroom sets !!  They were located next door to Bernhardt and were close in the furniture mfg community !!

JackHane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 04:06:53 am »
Hi, I'm looking for a dining room table that can fit 6 people. I've found one but it's really expensive. I would like to know if you have any recommendations or advice on what kind of table will myperfectresume reviews my needs and budget. I also need some good stores around where I live that sell good quality furniture. Thanks!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 04:43:50 pm »
No one knows where you live !!