Author Topic: Can anyone identify what this item is?  (Read 5506 times)

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone identify what this item is?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 06:08:03 pm »
With the little notches on the back of the clamp piece maybe it is made to hold something apart/open?? Not a very heavy duty tool as the that type of pull chain is not very strong.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 06:58:15 pm »
I apologize for not having more info for you guys. All I have in the picture. I don't actually know what happens with the clamps or chains. I wish I had more info to go off of. I don't have the slightest clue. The picture was sent to me and I thought I would pass it along to any community that might be able to identify it from a single photo despite the lack of any information at all about the item.

That is a tall order for us !!  Rauville and Frogpatch are usually pretty good on things like this !!  Maybe they will pop in tomorrow !!

carpenter75

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 07:23:42 pm »

That is a tall order for us !!  Rauville and Frogpatch are usually pretty good on things like this !!  Maybe they will pop in tomorrow !!

yeah, this one definitely isn't easy. I just figured I'd pass it on to those that would have a LOT more knowledge than I. I know absolutely nothing about this sort of stuff so any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated. I am just hoping someone sees it and says "oh, that's an XXXXX" 

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 07:58:54 pm »
Oh! its a Thingymajig!!....but would make a nice conversation piece for  a bunch o, inebriated Weegies...on Buckfast,..
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 06:52:56 am »
I would guess that, ...... a pull on the chain would release the "dog" holding it stationary and then one could raise it up or lower it ..... and then release the chain to reactivate the "dog" to hold it at that position.
Did,nt i just say that?? :D..copy- cat...

YUP, 54 seconds before I did ...... but I started typing before you did. ;D ;D

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 07:07:51 am »
Not a very heavy duty tool as the that type of pull chain is not very strong.

Wendy, with that "blue" spray paint on it that chain would surely break if one attempted to pull the "clamp" up the column.

The column should be bright n' shiny with a thin coat of oil on it then the chain should be able to support something up to a couple pounds.