Author Topic: Cigarette holder  (Read 3712 times)

sreyomac

• View Profile
Cigarette holder
« on: October 01, 2012, 04:18:46 pm »
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this... I only took the one pic... Its a metal, probably tin, inside. It has two spring hinged arms to hold the cigarettes securely. The outside I think is some sort of porcelain, painted. It's not plastic.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Cigarette holder
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 06:49:22 pm »
I'd walk a mile for a camel!  ;D Maybe advertising.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 10:01:28 pm »
Does it hold individual cigarettes or a pack?

They generally held a pack with tension clips.  Some even held with metal straps.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:10:02 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 12:21:15 am »
Made in the days...when it was cool to have a cigarette.....now.. .over here, if you smoke...you are treated like a leper.....no smoking in bars, or inside any public place...including bus stances....and even if you work from home....its forbidden.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 05:15:23 am »
....and even if you work from home....its forbidden.....

MERCY GAWDS, ...... they have really gotten fanatical over there.

And to think that diesel exhaust is a proven carcinogen, whereas cigarette smoke is not.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 05:51:09 am »
....and even if you work from home....its forbidden.....

MERCY GAWDS, ...... they have really gotten fanatical over there.

And to think that diesel exhaust is a proven carcinogen, whereas cigarette smoke is not.
You had better believe it....if you are spotted by "the Smoke Police"..as we call them....dropping a cigarette butt in the street...its an automatic £50 on the spot fine....if they come into your work place...and you are the proprieter...and you or any of your staff are caught smoking...then its a £200 fine....all public establishments are Non smoking....but one they did overlook is a hotel room....as it is classified as a temp...home....but they are now thinking of making it against the law for you to smoke in your own home...if there are young non consenting children there.....Big Brother is Watching....Beware. ...

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 06:31:47 am »
Cigarettes, resulting from the "mass hysteria" brainwashing of the populace, have morphed into a giganic "Cash Cow" for various government entities and "opportunist" troughfeeders. And CO2 caused AGW is following suite. "Junk Science" at its finest.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 07:09:47 am »
Here you are not allowed to smoke in a car with children in it, cannot light up within 4 meters of any air access (door, window, air conditioner, etc) into a place of work.......which could be the corner store, office or what have you. One town which is actually attached to the city you are not allowed to smoke in public at all....and that means if you park at the shopping center you cannot light up inside your car while sitting in the parking lot.

Our cigarette packages are mandatory 75% warning label........makes for some real ugly packaging (forewarning possible tourists ;)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 07:49:42 am »
Maybe its the same there as it is here because of Canada...once being part of the Commonwealth....as a matter of interest..what side of the road do you drive on

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 08:20:25 am »
Maybe its the same there as it is here because of Canada...once being part of the Commonwealth....as a matter of interest..what side of the road do you drive on

The 'right' side !!  :D

When I went to Bermuda it took a few days of resisting the urge to duck when I saw something coming on the 'wrong' side. And pulling up to the left of another car at an intersection and not seeing someone on the 'driver's side' really freaked me out.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 08:35:24 am »

The 'right' side !!  :D

When I went to Bermuda it took a few days of resisting the urge to duck when I saw something coming on the 'wrong' side. And pulling up to the left of another car at an intersection and not seeing someone on the 'driver's side' really freaked me out.
same here....i can remember the 1st time i drove on mainland Europe....it was in France...i i came up to a junction..and was indicating to turn left....well, ..i for got to go accross then turn left....i did it without thinking...and found myself staring at a very large truck...that for some reason..the driver had anticipated that, that,s what i was about to do...and had stopped and was flashing his lights....sharp learning curve....and almost broon under wear.... ;D

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 08:31:58 pm »
Old advertising piece for Camel smokers like myself.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 11:24:03 pm »
Most restaurants/work places/stores you cannot smoke here either. 

I just know that I like having non-smoking sections (didn't have to be the whole place) because the smoke does give me headaches. 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 11:29:25 pm »
In the city I work in, plastic bags are going to be outlawed at the beginning of the year. In a town close to me in the same county, they've banned smoking in public. Here in the People's Reublik of Kaifornistan, smoking is frowned upon a bit.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 03:10:03 am »
...along with alot of other things. Kalifornistan=Left Fascism?
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford