Author Topic: Chinese ebay sellers  (Read 4183 times)

beretta206

• View Profile
Chinese ebay sellers
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:58:29 pm »
I am curious if anybody here buys from a seller of antiques in China. After having done extensive research on the subject I've come to the opinion that you can't trust 99% of the sellers from china. I am looking at this jade amulet and I think it looks real but because the seller is in Hong Kong I am having cold feet about it. Could somebody here give me there opinion as to whether or not they think this is real jade? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Icy-Chinese-Jade-Happy-Buddha-Pendant-Amulet-/260923553053?pt=US_Fine_Necklaces_Pendants&hash=item3cc041751d

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Chinese ebay sellers
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:17:28 pm »
    They are calling it "serpentine jade"  Serpentine is another type of common rock I believe it is a quartzite rock. 

rsorgel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 09:07:47 am »
ive had tons of bad experience with chinese sellers but still keep buying from them because they are so cheap  :-\ one time i bought a charm for my wifes charm bracelet, when it came, it was broken. i messaged the seller and he said "oh that seems to happen every time i ship overseas"... its like ok then either its a super cheap charm or STOP SELLING OVERSEAS! boo chinese sellers and their amazingly cheap prices!

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 01:51:03 am »
I bought a couple of guitar wall mounts from a Chinese seller last year. The profile said "USA" and after I had placed my order, they changed it back to Bejing. It took over a month for them to arrive, and the seller would never cancel my order and refund my money as I was demanding after two weeks.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

hornbill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:51:42 pm »
Hi Beretta

I have posted under the " Antique Questions Forum " about a Chinese Zodiac Silver bowl.

The post has three photos of the silver bowl

Have you ever come across silver items before ?

regards,

Hornbill

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 05:50:57 pm »
When I first discovered the "joys" of ebay,i bought a Rc model tank from a seller who lived in Kowloon,it cost £250 way back in 2003,the seller requested that i should send my payment to a Western Union address, in the name of Patrick Li,..i did so,....then the next day,i read on ebay, that ..you should Never send money to a Western Union address,...then for the next week, i was like a cat on a hot tin roof,thinking Argh! what have I done...."i,ve been ripped off....but..lo and behold 8 days later my item arrived safe & sound,and all my worries were unfounded,....but i have never repeated sending money in this way.
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 06:43:51 pm »
I had someone who tried to rip me off that way from craigslist. I decided to torture him. My husband and I played along and I contacted every person who would be considered authority hoping he would get caught. There are plenty of people who would have fallen for it.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."