Author Topic: Hoosier Cabinet Help  (Read 1417 times)

A.Ranger

Hoosier Cabinet Help
« on: October 14, 2012, 08:14:45 am »
Hello,
I have a hoosier that I am looking to sell.  I have examined this piece over and over and can not find a tag, (paper or metal).  There is no stamp anywhere either.  It has the tin drawers, the pull out cutting board, and metal/tin pull out counter space.  I have attached a couple pictures of the unit.  It is missing the pull down bread compartment door.  The counter top has some scratches and is peeliing a little. Anyone know the make of this hoosier and if it is worth anything?

mart

• View Profile
Re: Hoosier Cabinet Help
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 08:34:52 am »
Nice oak Hoosier !! But there were so many of these made, and there are many found for sale so knowing the maker is not going to help you as far as selling it !!  Value on this one depending on your area,, and that its missing the roll down cover is about $200. to $250. !!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 08:55:30 am »
Even though the term "Hoosier" is broadly applied to this design of cabinet, they were just one of many manufacturers that produced similar products. It's almost impossible to determine the exact origin of these basic units that have lost their name tags. Call it a Hoosier "type / style", and you'll be able to satisfy most everyone.

Around my neighborhood the plainer cabinets seem to bring in the $150 to $250 range.

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 09:25:34 am »
Nothing to add. "Hoosier" is like "Kleenex," a brand name that came to illustrate a type.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 11:40:36 am »
I,m really flabbergasted, at the prices that are being bandied for this "Hoosier"..as you call it...over here...i can honestly say...i,ve broken better up for kindling...we have a pine Welsh Dresser in our kitchen...and i paid less than £30 for it...and its in very good cond,...and its all wood...no composite panels anywhere.. i just wish container hire was a lot cheaper...because i,d be shipping everything i could lay my hands on..over to you guys...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 01:11:02 pm »
They have always been dirt cheap over there !!  A few with connections for getting them over here have made a small fortune !!