Author Topic: Roger W. Babson  (Read 1532 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Roger W. Babson
« on: October 14, 2012, 11:13:39 pm »
     Thought I would share my discovery today that I am working on.  A few weeks ago I picked up this box of Emphera, we I have been going through it and came into a interesting group of paper.  They are personal letters to Roger W. Babson and includes a original Manuscript of what is turning out to a intresting subject.  I never have heard of the man but after looking him up, well it just got more interesting.  He was a Businessman Writer and Religious Man, and in the early 20's he wrote a short manuscript letter and sent it out to 50 Business leaders of his time, asking Personal question about Religion to these business leader to what appears to study how Big Business men are actually very religious and in the eyes of God.  Anyway I appears I have the original Manuscript and the return letters from this project of his.  They are been really fun to read thus far and may have come accross something really amazing.  Plenty of information about him online and even found a college he started that is still in business.  Anyway any comments will greatly be appriaciated.

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Roger W. Babson
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 04:44:36 am »
Really cool ironlord any return letters from any famous business men of that time??  I would bet his college would love to get their hands on these!!  I love the big NO! to the question title Do praying fathers have preying sons?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 05:11:46 am »
Really cool ironlord any return letters from any famous business men of that time??  I would bet his college would love to get their hands on these!!  I love the big NO! to the question title Do praying fathers have preying sons?
Do praying fathers have preying sons?.....some can become vultures!.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 05:33:58 am »
Many pray and prey simultaneously!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 12:36:21 pm »
     This has sure been entertaining for sure.  Yes it has several Real Signutures from some very famous Businessness men of the time.  Actually I have 17 Real Signuture return letters to Babson, most seem to be signed by Secectries and etc.  I looked up all 17 names I have and each has information on the web about them.   Some big ones was Owen Young of General Electric, Coleman Dupont from Dupont and several more.  No reply from Edison which was on his list so was Henry Ford but again no reply was marked on the list.   This is also turning out to be a even more amazing stack of letters.  Turns out there is also a group of letters from  Frederick L. Hoffman who seems to be a part of Babson later but these letter was to various Government agencies in the subject of Safety  many are from when he worked at Prudential Insurance Co.  Most of these letter are dated pre WW1, but later some intresting things when he was in the Babson institute, Amoung other items is a hand written Stat cart on the injuryies and Deaths of the railroad industries dated 1898.  So much in this lot, I has been quite the blast.   I have included a letter to Babson that was the rudest of the replies I came accross for your enjoyment.  I did email the Babson College seeking more information on this group of letters.