Author Topic: tea cup and saucer  (Read 1972 times)

cornspace

• View Profile
tea cup and saucer
« on: October 16, 2012, 07:15:48 pm »
passed down from long ago....no info as ive searched and searched...will attach a pic...any further questions or more pics u need to figure this one out pls message back...really curious about these 2 pieces...we have ha trove of stuff that we cannot find the markings too...really frustrating...most of this collection has been a heirloom from 3 generations or more as family ties have been lost in wars

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: tea cup and saucer
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:21:57 pm »
This is Royal Crown Derby...very good make,from. Staffordshire,... can we see the pattern....and how many pieces do you have..link to this mark...late 1800,s

scroll down until you come to ....Marks on Osmaston Road Pieces

http://www.derbyporcelain.org.uk/id8.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:40:43 pm by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

cornspace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 07:28:19 pm »
colors are faint yellow with pink bands a pink handle on the cup ...most of all both pieces have a distinct gold "x" on the underside... seems to have a yellowing of sorts to the ware itself...not sure if that is age or just part of firing of the pieces...bare with me as im new to this site and having a great deal of difficulty posting more than one pic at a time..

cornspace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 07:29:14 pm »
another pic

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:33:02 pm »
when you click on additional options, after 1st pic,just click more attachements

cornspace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 07:40:14 pm »
i have looked at the page u directed me to...the markings on the underside of the ware i have do not exactly match completely...could we have a reproduction but an older reproduction?? do the marking have to match exact? could this be a before model of the current markings they have on file? like say the very 1st production of this type of cup and saucer...this is also overglazed as the cup markings have smeared over the years with washing and wear..also the gold "x" marking means??

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 07:44:13 pm »
i have looked at the page u directed me to...the markings on the underside of the ware i have do not exactly match completely...could we have a reproduction but an older reproduction?? do the marking have to match exact? could this be a before model of the current markings they have on file? like say the very 1st production of this type of cup and saucer...this is also overglazed as the cup markings have smeared over the years with washing and wear..also the gold "x" marking means??
...I,m getting to tired for this....how much more convincing do you need,..its 2.49am....where i am...and i get this....bye bye....

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 08:06:17 pm »
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Crown+Staffordshire+Marks&FORM=IQFRDR

Here is your mark and tons of patterns. Good nite Wullie.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 05:01:29 am »
A company that was up and running for many years may have several different marks on its china. If the company kept good records that were not destroyed by fire and such it is what helps to give the time frame china pieces were in production. There are no "older reproduction". The gold x is a painters mark , many companies payed employees by piece work and these marks were used to keep count of the pieces painted by which employee to be paid.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:20:38 pm by wendy177 »