Author Topic: Original Signed Norman Rockwell painting  (Read 2126 times)

popawheelie

• View Profile
Original Signed Norman Rockwell painting
« on: October 23, 2012, 10:14:18 am »
How much do ya think its worth?
 the signature is genuine

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:17:37 am by popawheelie »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Original Signed Norman Rockwell painting
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 11:05:50 am »
This was originally done in 1923 for a cover of Life magazine !!  Size of the original work was 31X22 oil on canvas !!  This is a print from that cover !!  Most of the signed prints such as this are repro`s !! You can find many of his prints on ebay at all kinds of prices,, and many have the same identical frame as yours !!  They are also advertised as signed prints !!  None are selling that I found !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 01:49:50 pm »
I think this is a cracker of a picture....its one of those picture where you could...take a high meg pixel pic of it...super impose another head on i,t be it your brother, neighbour...anyone. ..frame it.. then punt it....i really like it...but, have say one thing...his mitts look out of proportion to the rest of what i see of his bod.......but its still a cracker.... ;D ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 05:34:58 pm »
Its not your typical Rockwell style that we all know !! I think this was done before his studio burned !!  Hope I remember right !!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 06:35:42 pm »
    The signature almost looks right, I did compare it to many that are online, some minor difference between them but not enough to really call it a fake signuture.  How did you determine it to be a real Autograph?  To determine any value you will have to be sure it is real of course, and many have fake his signature.   So the value of the item since not a original art of his will be in just the autograph.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 07:00:47 pm »
Many of Rockwells covers can be found, signed the same, on ebay and other sites !!  They have been reproduced a long time !!  Unless someone renewed the copywrite (don`t think Life Mag. did) they are probably public domain by now !! Published works have different laws !!