Author Topic: Interesting Chairs  (Read 3770 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Interesting Chairs
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 08:57:49 am »
Can you look at the symbol and see if around the edge there is stitching attaching it to the velvet ?? Not the binding edge but holding it on the fabric !!   Cant see the underside well enough to tell much about construction !! Pic is sideways and taken at an angle !! Really need a good clear square close up shot to tell anything !!
And forgot to ask but what is your location ??
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:10:12 am by mart »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 01:09:00 pm »
I lost interest in your posts when I realized how incredibly rude you can be.
i say it the way i see it....its as simple as that....a shovel,s a shovel and a spade,s a spade....it would,nt do to get them mixed up....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

WhatRThese

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 05:05:41 pm »
Mart,  Thanks for all the help.  I will try to get a answer to you later (leaving for out of town and may not get to it quick enough).  I want to say there is no stitching from the symbol to the fabric.  A piece of the symbol ripped off a while ago and i don't recall any tears to the fabric, and I recall a glue type material left behind.  Again, I will verify that and try to get back to you.  I will take additional photos of the bottom including the joint's and general construction.  My location is Southern California.  Thanks again to all that have helped.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 07:09:28 pm »
I thought it might be glued on from the way it looked !!  To me that would indicate a late date of mfr if its the original cover or someone glued the emblems on for use by a group as Ghopper said,, or just decorative not knowing what they were !!  Early/old would have been sewed on !!  Second one looks just decorative to me unless someone knows of a meaning I do not !!  But world history was not my strong point !!