Author Topic: Genuine Da Ming Xuande Nian Zhi brass plates?  (Read 1356 times)

Sabine

• View Profile
Genuine Da Ming Xuande Nian Zhi brass plates?
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:36:03 am »
I found 2 plate, which i think are brass at a second hand shop here in holland.

I tried to google it and for as far as I could describe it, it seems like it could be a Da Ming Xuande Nian Zhi brass plates. But there are experts who can see if its real or not.
Hopefully someone here can tell me. I don't know if I have the same kind which someone else placed in 2011 (http://www.antique-shop.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=53906087f54ec498cca4cfc1b1576713&topic=9413.msg48802#msg48802)

I just really would like to know more about it and what it might be worth because i have no idea.

So there are 2 plates, both 10' inch and I think brass. The one on the picture First 2 pictures is the best ‘preserved’ one. The sign on the back on the other one(picture 3and 4) is really blurry and can't really tell whats on it, just some bits and pieces. On the front of both of them are dragons almost the same but not quite and the images of the plates mirror each other.
Please can someone tell me more about this? I tried to clean up the one the markings from the First one from pictures 1 and 2 as best I could by cutting some of the greyisch stuff from its surface.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:43:55 am by Sabine »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Genuine Da Ming Xuande Nian Zhi brass plates?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:36:37 am »
looking at these plates...and comparing them with those on the 2011 topic...i would say..that the pic of the top one of yours almost mirrors that of one of the 2011 plates...which would make it a copy...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,