Author Topic: Vintage men's goatskin coat  (Read 1489 times)

Kerri

• View Profile
Vintage men's goatskin coat
« on: January 05, 2013, 03:08:00 pm »
Awesome condition, doesn't look worn. Size 40, zip out faux fur lining, gold satin lined sleeves. Tag isn't quite that white, I used a flash. No other tags on it other than recommending cleaning by a leather expert or able to send to the company for cleaning, with the company name, address, phone #. More of a coat than a jacket. Has some minimal creasing, nothing cracked.  Most vintage goatskin coats I find online are bomber jackets. I find very little online from the maker, and what I have found doesn't include anything goatskin. Curious as to the age and value.

Thanks in advance!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage men's goatskin coat
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 04:16:28 pm »
when i saw the topic...my first thought was this kind of  goatskin coat..... ;D....but yours unfortuneately...do es,nt grab me....over here...when the odd one pops up..its usually in a charity/thrift shop....style is 60,s/70,s...value...£10/$15...now if it had been one of these... ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:17:41 pm by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Kerri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:03:05 pm »
Well I was right in my dating, way off in my guess that it is worth something. Ouch.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:29:00 pm »
I don`t see much difference in some of the jackets today and yours !! Rather classic styling !!  I would list it on ebay and see what it brings !! Personally I like the look of the aged leather !!  If you google 'mens vintage leather coats', there are many places that deal in vintage items like this !!  You might email them for an estimate !! They might even buy it !!

Kerri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:02:27 pm »
I was thinking the same thing when I was originally posting-- I wanted to say that it had colors similar to the coats you saw in the 60's and 70's, but that's BACK and these days they make everything LOOK vintage so you can't necessarily go by that. :)

Great idea about contacting some vintage leather people. I will do that, thanks!  If I end up doing eBay I will probably do it this next fall.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 08:19:55 pm »
That leather would also make a fantastic cover for a footstool !!  If it doesn`t bring enough on ebay !!

Kerri

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »
Sure would..... or spectacular curtains for my boys' fort.

May stick it on Etsy as well. I have a while to play with it. Surely there has got to be some gent who is stuck in the 60's who would die for some duds like this.