Author Topic: LOOKING FOR SOME INFO ON THIS TABLE!!!! PLEASE HELP! :-)  (Read 3791 times)

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: LOOKING FOR SOME INFO ON THIS TABLE!!!! PLEASE HELP! :-)
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 06:43:34 am »
Never much doubt that these were "Miami Baroque."

$100 may have been a little high, but you plainly like them, so it's all good.

Just FYI, coffee tables didn't become popular until around WWII or so. "Low cut" true Victorian marble tops have been cut down later to make coffee tables, and in the bargain have lost at least 1/3rd of their value. The same goes for any other older style tables.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 09:41:41 am »
http://uhurufurniture.blogspot.com/2012/09/baroque-lamp-tables-165.html
Lamp tables from similar time period !! Most of these pieces were made as "go with" items !!  If you had that theme going you could always find something to "go with it" !!  Many were Italian imports like Frogpatch said !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 12:22:02 pm »
Bigwull, as for them buying a table without knowing make/materials.  If I like REALLY like something enough and thing it is a good price..I still buy it.  Especially if it won't be around for a second look!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 02:57:51 pm »
Like it says at the top of the page...if we had all the information...to begin with...then there would be no need for the speculative...comme nts that followed...but as it was i saw the dangling carrot...and me being me...i just did what i do best.....as for buying...without knowing...of course we.ve all done that..at some time or the other...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,