Author Topic: Old Picture - casting lots for jesus' clothes. Need Info Please  (Read 1192 times)

joshualong72

• View Profile
Old Picture - casting lots for jesus' clothes. Need Info Please
« on: January 24, 2013, 11:32:43 am »
I recently found this picture in an antique shop. I bought it for my mother’s birthday.  I tried to research it and came up empty I am very curious as to what it might be.  It doesn’t appear to be an etching or a sketch.

It does appears to be very old, as well as the frame and glass. It almost appears that the frame was made specifically for the picture as there isn't much room left for anything else and no matting, and the nails look to be “homemade” for lack of a better term.  The glass has tiny bubbles thru out, I was told this indicates the glass is old. 

That’s about all I know.  If you could provide any additional information at all I would appreciate it. 

joshualong72

• View Profile
Re: Old Picture - casting lots for jesus' clothes. Need Info Please
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 11:35:35 am »
Here are a couple pictures.  I can post more if anyone thinks it would help.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 12:02:41 pm »
When I first viewed this I was trying to figure out if it was a photograph from a passion play or movie.

They made so many epic movies in the 1920's that people have photos from of The Last Supper, Ben Hur, Noah's Ark, etc.

I would be willing to bet this is from that time period.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Ipcress

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:52:25 pm »
Looks like a print of a painting to me, with the white blank area left for a message / time of service etc.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 07:36:34 pm »
Would be much better if we had good close up pics front and back but I think what you have is a colorized print !! It appears to be on paper !! Done with washes of color rather that each individual color !!  You didn`t say what the size is !!  Some of these were even taken from books but no way to tell with it in the frame !!