Author Topic: Vintage Music Tin with Lid - Gold Metal and Enamel  (Read 1387 times)

ejhmmm

• View Profile
Vintage Music Tin with Lid - Gold Metal and Enamel
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:03:47 pm »
I have been researching this item for awhile and can't find any information.  Unfortunately, it doesn't have any markings at all.  It's a nice little tin I found in an antique store.  To me it looks possibly 1950's or so, but could be more recent.  It's entirely metal, gold knob on top, gold inside.  Pattern/images look like enamel to me.

Any info would be appreciated.  I purchased it as a gift for someone and would love to share some details with them.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Music Tin with Lid - Gold Metal and Enamel
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:00:56 pm »
This looks just like what is popular on pinterest today!!!  Printing on music and book pages!

Sorry can't help.  It could be any where from the 50's to 80's in style.

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:04:08 pm »
How big is it !!  Looks late 40`s or 50`s from the style !!

ejhmmm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:12:28 pm »
I too thought it could be as recent as the 80's, however the style of the outline of the ballerina dancers looks a bit older to me.  The tin is about 4.5 inches tall and about 5.5 inches across the top.  I just thought it was really neat and it's for a family member who loves music and is a former musician.  I wish it had some markings!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 08:29:34 pm »
Don`t think so !! Its pretty typical of the 40`s or 50`s !! I am guessing more 40ish gift type item for ladies !! Could have held bath powder or other toiletries !!  Even small candies would be something sold in tins like this !!  Its a neat one !!

Ipcress

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 03:32:14 am »
I remember seeing one in the late 80's early 90's so it could be more recent.