Author Topic: Aunt's Estate Turning Into a Nightmare  (Read 2120 times)

debodun

• View Profile
Aunt's Estate Turning Into a Nightmare
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:56:01 am »
Also, I had a picker stop last Saturday and he showed little respect for me or the estate items. He took clothes out of the closets and left them on the floor, broke dishes, pulled out drawers on furniture and cabinets and left them open, dumped out boxes and didn't replace the items in them, left the light on in the basement and otherwise made a shambles of the place and a big mess for me to clean up. He also asked to use the bathroom, then didn't bother to flush! And he constantly complained how cold it was in the house.  I'll be so happy when my aunt's estate is settled!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 06:58:17 am by debodun »

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Aunt's Estate Turning Into a Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:13:08 am »
So sorry debodun but people can be awful!! Remember the place is yours and I would not let anyone do what that picker did If I had to follow him and say HEY PUT THAT BACK 100 times ,you can always say NO or GET OUT!! Respond to who you would like, give no excuses and take the highest price!!  Set times that are convenient for you if people are that interested they will make it. The rest can go to  H    E    double hockey sticks  ;)  Best of luck!!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 07:56:50 am »
Yeah,  "Get the he**out of here" can be quite effective!!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:08:48 am by ghopper1924 »
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 10:45:51 am »
Tell that idiot you do not have a public bathroom and if he needs to go,,, go to his house !!  That goes for anyone !! You are running the sale,,, take charge !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:51:34 pm »
Yeah,  "Get the he**out of here" can be quite effective!!
my choice of words...would have been..a bit more blue..but you have to, as Mart says...take control....now i do realise that you may be..a quiet sort of person..who maybe does,nt like confrontation...buy ..you will have to be more assertive...because if you don,t then..these kind of people are going to walk all over you....now i also realise that this is not what you want to hear....but...this is the way some people operate...its a form of intimidation...and they do it on purpose...ideally.. .you would be better having a male friend with you...when showing people around.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 06:51:43 pm »
Right !!!

debodun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 08:48:57 am »
Another ploy that grinds my gears is the people that come to a sale and cry hard times and try to make you feel sorry for them (e.g. - my house burned down, I lost my job, I'm a single mom) to get you to practically give them things, then pull a wad out of their pocket or purse that would be the envy of Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:48:59 am by debodun »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 09:09:45 am »
Oh yes !!  You will get all kinds of those people !!  Just tell them that your prices are reasonable !! If they think not,, tell them to go price new stuff !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 11:06:03 am »
There are those that you can tell really have the hard times...and then there are those that are trying to be opportunists and prey on people's emotions.  The later just gets my goat!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 12:14:54 pm »
This is true !!  I have found that those that really are having a difficult time financially are those that say the least about it !!