Author Topic: Brass frog figurine set (silver plated) King, queen, prince, handmade  (Read 1164 times)

derikm10

• View Profile
I am trying to figure out the history behind this set of brass frogs.  They are silver coated and appear to be handmade.  There is a King, Queen, and a Prince.  I have been trying to figure out who made these and also when they were made.  A price range would be nice to know as well.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Brass frog figurine set (silver plated) King, queen, prince, handmade
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:01:53 pm »
Any markings on the bottom ??

derikm10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 04:47:53 pm »
I cannot see any markings on the frogs. The artwork has great detail however. I cannot find any pictures or information on these!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 07:13:41 pm »
Found several different types of these  The two on the right that are the same,, is there an indentation in the crown ??  Some listed similar as candle holders in three sizes !! The one on the left is different and is not a part of a set !! Likely someone just had these as shelf sitters and decided not to collect frogs !! Value for all three,, maybe $20. to $25. !! Could be more if you can find another frog collector !!  And there are a few,,even found some "frog stores" !!

derikm10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 09:05:32 pm »
Okay that's what I was thinking about the one that was different as well. Thank you for the advice!