Author Topic: help with cat  (Read 1201 times)

maylynne

• View Profile
help with cat
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:49:16 pm »
Hi has anyone any info on this little cat he is app 4cm high has no halmark does have something inside to make him rattle but i dont know what it is

mart

• View Profile
Re: help with cat
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:22:35 pm »
Can we get a side pic please ??  It not one that I have ever seen before !!  Are you in the U.S. ??

maylynne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 08:19:52 am »
Yes will put side view and base view

kesgill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 10:38:35 am »
Hi Maylynee,

My best guess at this point is that it is a pewter charm for a charm bracelet from the 1950s or 60s.  These charms became the top selling jewlery/accessory in the 50s for women.  If you take the charm and rub it across a peice of paper and see a pencil like mark, it is likely pewter, which contains a high lead content.  If not, it may be sterling (see if you see a small 925 on it anywhere, which would indicate silver).  Have you cleaned it?

These charms are selling for 2-3 dollars on ebay.  Unless you can find more on the specific manufacturer and it's someone famous, I wouldn't expect more.  But, it is cute!
"The spirit of the Knowledge Society is the spirit of Pluralism—a readiness to accept the Other, indeed to learn from him, to see difference as an opportunity rather than a threat."
- His Highness the Aga Khan IV (2006, Karachi, PK)