Author Topic: Royal Roslyn Germany Plate Set?  (Read 2278 times)

Bergy611

• View Profile
Royal Roslyn Germany Plate Set?
« on: March 24, 2013, 10:00:11 am »
I have these plates and dishes and tea cups, a set of over 100 pieces.

Royal Roslyn Germany green and white emblem on the bottom, they are pre-WWII.

The plates and such are white with gold trim, no art on them.

Can anyone tell me if they know anything about them. I am pretty sure they are one of a kind.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Roslyn Germany Plate Set?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 04:12:24 pm »
Sorry.  Only thing I can find is that they were made in Bavaria.  Wish I could help more.  Maybe someone else will pipe in!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 04:17:54 pm »
And there,s tons of it about...and its much cheapness....but having said that..prices that i,ve seen are for individual pieces.e.g. 1 x saucer £8...1 x cup £7.99.....therefore if you,ve got a 100 pieces...then it could be worth a fair bit....but the pieces i saw are not sold prices, they are asking prices
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 06:40:51 pm »
I looked at three different sites that list marks on German china Or Bavarian china and no company was listed with this name yet you can find lots of it for sale in various patterns !!  My assumption is that it is an offshoot of a larger mfr. which is often the case with some china !! 

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 09:01:20 pm »
Like Mart,i,ve looked at dozens of German marks, but..none come close to this,in fact every time i type in royal roslyn germany...royal Bavaria comes up...the closest ref, i,ve found is this

All Royal Bavarian China is marked or stamped on the bottom of the piece with a symbol. Most current day markings will actually say "Royal Bavarian China," as well as the country in which it was made. For instance, the Royal Bayreuth is a green stamp in the shape of a circle with a crown on top. It has the words Royal Bavarian China and Germany within the stamp.

Read more: Identifying Royal Bavarian China | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4778817_identifying-royal-bavarian-china.html#ixzz2OW3ju6H0
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,