Author Topic: Gorham Bowl  (Read 1102 times)

eserran

• View Profile
Gorham Bowl
« on: March 26, 2013, 10:01:22 am »
Good Morning,

Looking for additional information on this piece, I have looked online and have gone in circles.  What I do know is that this is a silver plated piece by Gorham produced in the early 1900's.   Don't know what to call it other than a bowl (finger, candy, sugar, etc...)  

Curious to know if they often monogramed their items and if that is a serial or series number at the bottom.

Any and all help is appreciated.

I am new to the forum and just getting started so I apologize if I am not following protocal.

Thanks

mart

• View Profile
Re: Gorham Bowl
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 11:58:23 am »
Hi there and welcome to the forum !!  We don`t have a specific protocol to follow so you are doing great !!!  Can we ask the size of this bowl ??  Looks like a candy or bon bon dish unless its a large one !!  Many times the owner/family had these monogramed !!

eserran

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 12:44:12 pm »
This is only four inches wide, very small. any thoughts on the serial/series number?  And if they have a series on them I would think I can find them on the web somewhere?  Thanks for your help

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 01:16:10 pm »
It is Gorhams mark for silverplate ,, the EP stands for electroplate,, the number is the run number for that pattern piece !!  5 oz. is of course the size !!  There may be another symbol for the date but couldn`t see it that well !! Might be anything,, so see if you can find it,, then just google "Gorham EP date stamp" and you should find when it was made !!