Author Topic: Best Find So Far  (Read 1931 times)

Stuff-For-Sale

Best Find So Far
« on: March 28, 2013, 10:38:10 pm »
Hey guys, I went picking at a fella's house today. I've been getting some phone calls from other antiquers and different people after posting ads on local buy and sell websites. Well this was my first time picking at someone's house and it went over pretty well.

The guy gave me lots of great deals because I'm young and he wanted to help me get started. The only piece I really paid a lot for was a tobacco tin that he got at an auction about a week ago. I gave him what he paid for it. It's in perfect condition, and it's another one from my province! (P.E.I.)
Take a look and let me know what you guys think! I am very excited about this pick! I paid $40 for the tin.

front

side

back

inside cover

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Best Find So Far
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 02:34:17 am »
Looks so good...it might have been made yesterday....Not that i,m saying it was...mind you,....whats the dimensions...think you might have paid a tad too much

found this one..

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=3666&aid=28381&lid=7983112.
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:26:18 am »
Very cool!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:25:25 am »
Good job!
Tobacco tins have been one of the mainstays of collecting over the years. Long before most of the shelf filler you see in antique shops today, the lowly tobacco tin has had a following. Values may go up and down, but there will always be a niche for them.
Some usefull information here...
http://antiquetobacco.com/

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:45:40 am »
Nice !!  Thats one of the larger tins isn`t it ??

auctionaddiction

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 02:49:34 pm »
Hi love the tin. I think you might have paid a little to much. one sold on ebay for $21.50 plus $6 for shipping. It would make a great display piece. The way I look at it,if you like it then it was worth it. :)
I strictly collect and do not resell, but I still like to know information & value of items I purchased at auctions to see if I did well. Really appreciate your help & advice.

rustyattic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 05:39:22 pm »
Sweet pick!  It makes me think of some type of old circus or side show.

Stuff-For-Sale

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 08:06:38 pm »
7 1/4 w, 6 1/4 l, 3 h are the dimensions of the tin. I hope I did it right. Even if I did overpay I'm happy with my find because I'm not going to sell it. If I was to sell it I should be able to double my money from someone. There are people that pay a lot for these tins.

Thanks everyone for the helpful links and information. Hopefully I can find some more tins in this condition.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 03:14:46 pm »
7 1/4 w, 6 1/4 l, 3 h are the dimensions of the tin. I hope I did it right. Even if I did overpay I'm happy with my find because I'm not going to sell it. If I was to sell it I should be able to double my money from someone. There are people that pay a lot for these tins.

Thanks everyone for the helpful links and information. Hopefully I can find some more tins in this condition.
"There are people that pay a lot for these tins.".....yes, we know.....You,
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,