Author Topic: picture album  (Read 1477 times)

shakesgirl

• View Profile
picture album
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:09:00 am »
 Let me try this again :D  I bought this picture album at the auction last night. Heres a few of the pics that are in it. Just wondering if its worth any thing to a collector of albums or old pics, or just something i should'nt of bought :).

shakesgirl

• View Profile
Re: picture album
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 07:36:09 am »
The album is all leather except for the string that holds it together. No date on the album, but i guess they dont put dates on any albums. Looks really old tho. So do the pics.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 07:56:43 am »
Albums like this,are usually dated,by whoever had previously owned it,its such a shame that the original owners..don,t have it...value wise over here would be for the album only..not the pics...£25..it looks Victorian..
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 08:21:04 am »
Those tintype photos generally date prior to 1900. You could research the photography studios named on the cabinet cards and determine what years they were active. Most historical societies have compiled data on that type of thing.

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:28:21 am »
Thank you all for your input. Wonder if theres a collector who buys this type of album. I will check out the photographer tho. Theres different names on some of the pics. Thanks again.

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 07:33:36 pm »
Thank you all for your input. Wonder if theres a collector who buys this type of album. I will check out the photographer tho. Theres different names on some of the pics. Thanks again.
Wonder where i can post this to see if i can find its original owner. Im not having much luck on the photographers.