Author Topic: Is this an original "da ming xuan de nian zhi" burner?  (Read 4361 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Is this an original "da ming xuan de nian zhi" burner?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 07:30:39 am »
Ding Dong..."why in Gods name would anyone with an  ozs of common sense..want to use a Charcoal burner indoors...........o r maybe they do things differently in the US...like have BBQ,s indoors.. :o

Now Bigwull, there is absolutely no problem with having BBQ,s indoors, ...... in West Virginia that is, ....... cause the rest of the world knows for a fact that most all of us Hillbillies live in houses that the wind blows right thru the cracks in the walls.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

But on a more serious note, ..... natural gas (NG), kerosene and wood-burning appliances also pose a similar and serious health threat if they are used in a confined area of poor to no ventilization and/or the NG flame is misadjusted and not burning properly (a bright blue flame).

Ya gotta be smart enough not to lock yourself up in the garage with your vehicle "running" .... or not to lock yourself up in a small room with one of the aforesaid appliances "burning".  ;) ;) ;)

treasures1984

• View Profile
Re: Is this an original "da ming xuan de nian zhi" burner?
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 10:54:02 am »
Per your PM request for input on this thread , treasures1984 , I'll chime in with the other members who have the opinion that your item is not one that is antique (100yrs or more) .

If you do plan on selling it as what it appears to have been designed for/after - a charcoal burner - I'd suggest that you tell the buyer that it is not safe for indoor use .
These pesky fellas , or ones like them , are the cause of many problems to the owners , up to & including death via carbon-monox , in countries around the world !

I'm unsure if your item is constructed of primarily brass , or of bronze .

I've got little-to-no clue as to pricing on this item , since it's modern (IMO) ,  t1984 .... as a little suggested 'tip' for the future ... beware the authentic/ancient appearing 'Chinese' items that have dragons with 5 toes .... back in the old , old days in China , one would loose ones' head if caught with a 5-toed depiction of a dragon (5-toe dragons were for the big-shot emperor ONLY , mostly) .

The best I can guess is that it is of Asian-Pacific manufacture , for the 'designer/export' market .

Awesome, thank you